Oct 23, 2013

25 Week Pregnancy Update

So I haven't done a post about my pregnancy since, well, since I announced it. So thought it about time.

Here's the down low...

How far along: 25 weeks
Gender: A BOY! Which I did announce on other social media sites, but not here. (You can see the video below of our family as we were going to find out what we were having).  Ella was really sad and Asher said, "Ah shoot" to the ultrasound tech. But since then we have become use to the idea and are SO excited for boy #3 to join our humble abode.
Weight gain: Do I really need to disclose? My appt. is next week so I figure I will post before I get more bad news.  But estimating by the amount of cheap nachos and jalapeno I have succumbed to lately I would say somewhere right around probably at least 18-20lbs. by now.
Maternity clothes: At this point, and baby number 3, maternity clothes are a must, which I hate. But most days I wear my workout gear while getting kids to and from school (walking them) and usually have been changing straight into PJ's after my shower if I know we are in for the night.  So bad, I KNOW!
Stretch marks: None so far, and hoping to only get them in the one "unmentionable up top area" again like the previous pregnancy's.
Belly button in or out: It's out already, not completely. But this is one of the first signs for me that I am getting big.
Sleep: JUST going from good to OK. I know bad is around the corner so I am REALLY trying to enjoy these last few weeks in the honeymoon 2nd trimester, because the few bad nights I have had in the last few months reminds me of how yucky it gets that last trimester. 
Best moment this week: Returning home from my BF wedding in South Carolina and sleeping in my own bed and taking baths with all my special "stuff".  Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Stress Relief and Sleep Massage Oils and my Dr. Teals Epsom Salts and Dr. Teal's Milk Bath and my Bath pillow.  Can you tell I REALLY love my baths.
Worst moment this week: Headaches. I either have a dull constant headache or an intense migraine. So over it.  They gave me a hardcore narcotic to take for the bad migraines but I really, really don't like taking anything if I don't have to. I have only taken 1 the entire pregnancy and pray that they don't last.
Miss anything: Sushi.  And my will to eat healthy. I just really don't care when I am pregnant because it is just so hard for me.
Movement: YEP! He has been kicking like crazy. All my boys were early and hard kickers. Ned and Ella have even felt a few. But I feel them pretty constantly already and know I have a another wild one on my hands.
Cravings: Uh...everything. I have been in the "pig" stage where I could eat and eat and EAT!  But mostly junk.  Sourdough bread.  Above mentioned nachos.  Mexican food (particularly the tostada from Miguel's Jr).  Pizza.  Chocolate covered nuts (almonds, peanuts).  OK I better stop here or this could go on a while.
Queasy or sick: Luckily after my horrid 1st trimester of full constant sickness I usually feel GREAT 2nd trimester. If I push myself or get a migraine I usually will get "sick".  I did on the airplane home, but the travel, exhaustion, altitude and headache I am sure is what did me in which makes sense. Otherwise none and great.
Looking forward to: Getting to my 3rd trimester (November 11th).  Getting another ultrasound, I have slight placenta previa so they are monitoring that, but it gives me extra peeks at the baby.  And then letting the countdown officially begin.  The set due date for my c-section is currently scheduled for February 6th.

I haven't taken ANY (I know) belly pictures this pregnancy, but my friend Heather caught me at the wedding on my phone so I will post this as my belly shot.


2 comments:

  1. Love the update! Your belly looks teeny for 25 weeks...can't wait to see it in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute way to update. You look amazing and I'm so glad that someone out there understand the importance of a good bath. Take care.

    ReplyDelete